Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

1st day of modding. Ran out of leftover materials. Need to run to the hardware store later to grab some more materials to make the transporting wheel axle and upper frames with backrest support, using the wheel axle. This will be interesting..

Notice the quad-beam transducer get mounted directly under the FC float tube, and not to the side. This is completely mounted away from the legs/fins area to prevent false return of pinged fish that may be swimming along with the float tube, believing it's a protective structure of some kind.

The frame is also used for housing a green light to mimic moonlight during night time fishing. Muahahahahaa...

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 105

You need to be a member of Bluegill - Big Bluegill to add comments!

Join Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Comment by David, aka, "McScruff" on October 26, 2012 at 6:52pm

Im with you, Chris. Leo always comes up with something inspiring.

Comment by David, aka, "McScruff" on October 26, 2012 at 6:50pm

JB - I have wheels for my kayak and it needs them for any serious overland transport. Im one of those KISS anglers, though. I marvel at all the accoutrements people add to what are otherwise the simplest of things.

Comment by chris on October 26, 2012 at 6:46pm

your float is going to look like something out of star wars when you get finished. LOL

I cant wait to see the finished project.

Comment by JBplusThuy on October 26, 2012 at 6:27pm

Leo, that is way cool!

David- I've sometimes carried my tube 200 or 300 yards to the water with those crummy backpack straps, so I'd call Leo's idea for wheels a definite ease-of-use case :-)

Comment by Leo Nguyen on October 26, 2012 at 5:18pm

LOL Nope..it's called taking the basic and twists it until it's broken. No such thing as 'au naturel' when humans intervene.

Portability is still there. Just more bell and whistles as I maintain the portability, yet, gain advantages over the getting-smarter gills.

Comment by David, aka, "McScruff" on October 26, 2012 at 5:12pm

Okay Leo, now you got me.

One of the main benefits of the float tube is portability, right? Some might call it ease of use, etc. But here you are talking about having to put together transport mechanisms, sundry support structuress, transducer set ups, nighttime lighting arrays and so on?

So what happened to ease of use and all that jazz? Does anyone just these things 'au naturel'? LOL

Latest Activity

Thumbnail

Mind if I floss with your crab line!

"Thanks for the question Bruce…..Alligators were protected in Louisiana most of my childhood…"
yesterday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Mind if I floss with your crab line!

"Jeff, you ever go alligator hunting?"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Mind if I floss with your crab line!

"You just have to be aware of your surroundings, alligators have been protected in South Carolina…"
Tuesday

Cooper River Giant From A Few Summers Ago…….South Carolina

"Believe it or not, crabs 9 to 11 inches in the Low Country os South Carolina are very…"
Tuesday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Tuesday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Tuesday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo
Sunday
Sunday

Fourth of July Jimmies-2008

"Just seems to be less watermen and waterwomen this season, that happens when the gas prices…"
Sunday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Sunday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo

Fourth of July Jimmies-2008

"Is there a crab shortage now?"
Sunday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo

Crab Fishing on The Albemarle…..7/16/2021

"Prices are outrageous. I used to go to a place called the Hen House in Maryland. It was only 2…"
Sunday

Blue Gills And Blue Claws........6/7/2018

"I’ve caught blue crabs up to 11” point to point in North Carolina"
Jul 17
Thumbnail

This is a shot of the larger Crabs from Thursday.

"Crabs on ice to hold before cooking…."
Jul 17

Fourth of July Jimmies-2008

"In this shot the cold crabs are getting ready to cook, not a problem….."
Jul 17
Thumbnail

Mind if I floss with your crab line!

"Giant alligator found my chicken….danger will rogers….."
Jul 17

Spirit of the season.

"This is a pretty big pumpkin too…"
Jul 17